We're a ten year old and a five year old famously known as E squared. Please help us gain some parenting instruction for our Mom who's at least insightful enough to start a therapy fund for us.



Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Floor Baby -- lil' e

As I've gotten older it has been fun to reminisce about my younger days. Here are a few of the things that I've told my Mom about. They are especially important memories when she isn't letting me do something that I know I've done before.

(e: lil' e and M: Mom)

e: Can I watch Diego?
M: No.
e: When I was a floor baby I used to sneak out and watch the TV when you didn't know. I even watched scary stuff but I wasn't scared.

e: Can I have chocolate chip pancakes and whip cream for breakfast?
M: No.
e: When I was a floor baby, I would eat whatever I wanted and you couldn't stop me.

M: You need to pick up your Legos.
e: When I was a floor baby, I threw my Legos and and you picked them up.

M: It's time to go to bed.
e: When I was a floor baby, I stayed up as long as I wanted and you couldn't make me go to sleep.

e: Can I go ride my bike?
M: Not right now.
e: When I was a floor baby, I used to sneak out of the house and go in the backyard when you didn't know.

e: I don't want to take a nap.
M: You'll need to have quiet time in your room.
e: When I was a floor baby, I didn't like you.

e: Can you get me a water?
M: You know how to get water.
e: When I was a floor baby, I had the longest tongue, it went up to the ceiling.

e: I want to do spelling with Big E.
M: You need to learn your letters first.
e: When I was a floor baby, I knew all my letters.

It's nice to know that my Mom has loosened up on things. When I was a floor baby, she was always telling me to stop eating things off the floor, to stop licking my shopping cart and to get my fingers out of my mouth. I keep letting her know that I don't care if I get germs. When I get sick, I don't have to go to school. I get to eat on the couch for all my meals. I get to watch Diego all day long. Sometimes I even get to sleep in her bed OR she sleeps in mine. Now, instead of telling me to stop, she just stares at me and says nothing. It's nice to know she finally gets me.

Later,

lil' e

No comments:

Post a Comment