We're a ten year old and a five year old famously known as E squared. Please help us gain some parenting instruction for our Mom who's at least insightful enough to start a therapy fund for us.



Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What I Know -- Big E

On Sunday, I will be eight years old. I'm almost older than my mom, but not quite. I'm sure this year I'll pass her in height. After all, I'm at her chest now. In a year, I'm sure I'll have passed her. We'll see whose boss then!

In my eight years, I've come to know many things. First of all, it pays to be mean. It pays to be mean when someone is bullying you and not respecting your body, your words, or your things. If they aren't listening to you, well, sometimes you have to stand up for yourself with a little shove -- to let them know you won't be an easy target. This knowledge works with Lil' e who regularly likes to bother me when I'm playing and in one swoop destroys everything I've been playing with. I holler for my mom and before she gets there, I push him. He gets in trouble for not respecting my things. I, on the other hand, rarely get caught. He's a boy. He doesn't cry when I push him. And, he's only told on my once. I'll take those odds. Maybe next time, I'll even push him away before he destroys anything.

Next, I've learned that spiders are really cool. We have a family of spiders, orb weavers, in our trees. They make the most beautiful webs. My dad destroys the web if it is in the walkway. He's making them move up the tree and I'm a little mad. I can't stand eye to eye and look at them anymore. Doesn't he know you shouldn't disturb natural art? Someday I'm going to have my own trees and let the spiders build webs wherever they want.

Third, ice hockey is WAYYYY COOOLLLL!!!! I can't believe that people get to play a sport where you can slam up against someone. I asked my mom if she could sign me up for a team. She asked me when I would fit it in. Of course, there is no place! She has my schedule so full I can't even have alone time! Well, we're trying to work it out. At any rate, me and some of my friends are going to a game this Sunday for my birthday! Then, we get to go to In 'n Out for dinner AND then frozen yogurt. Grammy and Grandpa Del Valle will be here so you know I'll get chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast on Saturday AND Sunday. This will be the best weekend ever!

I suppose at the end of the day, my Mom isn't completely worthless. After all, she introduced me to hockey.

Off to find some spiders,

Big E

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Sara loves you so much Big E! We will be in Ethiopia with your cousin Allison on your very special birthday 10-10-10! We hope you have a great day and we will be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete