We're a ten year old and a five year old famously known as E squared. Please help us gain some parenting instruction for our Mom who's at least insightful enough to start a therapy fund for us.



Sunday, November 4, 2012

Now that I'm 4 1/2 -- lil e

Now that I'm moving closer to five, there are several things I've learned but one that I want to focus on now...letting your needs be known.  As I'm getting to know myself better and really understand what I like and don't like, I'm finding it's really important to let my Mom know these things, too.

For example, asking for my needs when I'm aware of them...

Me:  "My legs are really tired."
Mom: "I'm sorry you're legs are tired."
Me (my voice gets even slower and deeper, like I'm really tired):  "I need to play on the i-pad that helps them sleep and get rested then they'll feel better."
Mom: "No.  Go play."
Me (pleading): "I might fall down the stairs they are sooo tired.  I need the i-pad."
Mom:  "Crawl backwards down the stairs if you need to, but no i-pad."
Me: pleading a few more times, then eventually crawling down the stairs -- face first, of course.  Backwards is for wimps.

Reminding my Mom, who's boss...

"God gives me ideas, Mom.  He tells me what to do.  You don't."

Developing Self- Esteem...

"My name should be 'Cutie Cheeks.'  Look at how cute this shirt looks on me."

Ambitions and Visions...

Me:  "I really, really, really want a lion, Mom."

Mom:  "Lions are in Africa."

Me: "When I'm five, you need to take me to Africa."

Mom: "I don't think we'll be able to do that."

Me: "If you don't take me then I'm going to jump on a shark and go all the way across the ocean.  Then I'm going to get a baby lion and put it on my back and the shark will take us back home."

Mom: "Lions grow up to have very big teeth and they could eat you."

Me:  "I'm going to read to my lions, Mom.  They won't eat me.  They be nice."

Mom:  "I think they will miss their family."

Me: "No they won't.  I'll be their family.  And Mom, we're reading the 'Three Little Pigs.'  They won't miss them at all."

Be strong and assertive.

Later,

lil e

No comments:

Post a Comment