We're a ten year old and a five year old famously known as E squared. Please help us gain some parenting instruction for our Mom who's at least insightful enough to start a therapy fund for us.



Monday, February 18, 2013

7 Sayings for Getting Me Tickled AND Making My Mom Mad -- lil e

Lent is upon us.  I'm thrilled.  I gave up doing the dishes because we are supposed to give up something that is really hard, and doing dishes is, and it is something I did every day.

I can't wait until next year when I get to pick another hard things to give up.

My Mom, however, isn't so lucky.  She's given up sugar and I couldn't be more thrilled.  This has meant a lot more Girl Scout cookies for me and Big E.  I've come up with a number of sayings already that will get her both mad at me so she tickles me all at the same time.

1.  "Mom, I saved a piece of Valentine's candy for you."
      "You did?"
      [dramatic pause]
      "Just kidding."

2.  "Mom, Dad brought you back a frozen yogurt from Tutti Fruitti."
     "I can't wait.  What kind?"
     "Mom, you gave up sugar you can't eat that!  I'm just kidding anyways."

3.  "Mom.  This thin mint is so good.  Do you see that I'm eating the whole bag and you don't get any?"

4.  "I can't wait for dessert tonight.  What are you going to have?"
     "I'm going to eat all of your candy."
     "No you're not.  You're just kidding.  You can't eat any sugar but I'M going to eat lots while you watch."

5.  "Mom, I'm not going to have dessert either."
     [dramatic pause]
     "just kidding."

6.  "Mom, do you see how all the cookies are almost gone?  You're not going to get any by the time lent if over."  (I can't help but smile on this one.)

7.  "Mom, do you want me to get you a dessert?  Oh wait, you can't have any.  Guess I'll have to eat yours."

This is the bestest time of year!  Did I mention that I can't wait for Lent next year?

Later,

lil e

No comments:

Post a Comment