We're a ten year old and a five year old famously known as E squared. Please help us gain some parenting instruction for our Mom who's at least insightful enough to start a therapy fund for us.



Friday, August 6, 2010

Why does my hand have to hurt? -- Big E

 
Me being a seal
 
Splashing and staying cool in the front yard
 
Trying my hand at photography
 
I found this dragonfly before anyone else. AND, I took this picture.
Posted by Picasa
Why does my hand have to hurt? First, four days ago Mimi asked my mom to move a pizza pan. Since I'm so incredibly helpful and want to help, I grabbed it. It had just come out of the oven.

Yes, I burned the tips of my fingers AND they blistered. Made water bubble under my skin. I couldn't practice my handstand or any gymnastics move for four days. It hurt for days.

Then, just when it was feeling much better and my handstands were returning to vertical, a sliver found itself wedged between my skin and my fingernail. Yes, the sliver broke off. Yes, it broke my fingernail. Yes, it hurts AND still hurts even though it happened 12 hours ago. Luckily, the sliver (2 cm long) didn't completely break off when my mom was getting it with the tweezers and it came out.

HOWEVER, my mom pulled too fast! She made it hurt worse. She didn't tell me she was going to pull so fast. She should have gone slower. All day, I haven't been able to figure out why she pulled it out so fast and now she's stopped answering me. I can't believe she won't at least tell me why she did it so fast. She could at least confess that she was wrong and she's sorry she made it hurt worse. But no, not her. She has too much pride to say she's sorry. In fact, she's so defensive she won't even talk about it any more.

What kind of role model is she? I'm not going to answer her when she asks me why I'm kicking my brother. Or why I'm pushing him away from my stuff. She's going to find that I have nothing to say. So, I won't get in trouble for not answering because she's not answering me.

I can't wait until I see my daddy again. He went back to work and we're stuck here with Mom. At least she bought me something when we went shopping today...origami bookmarks...that's pretty cool. But she wouldn't let me buy a homemade peanut butter cup at the candy shop...it was so lame because we went there yesterday for ice cream so it's not like we'd been there today. I couldn't believe she wouldn't let me. I'm definitely going to tell Daddy about this. He's going to talk to her...after all, it's his money. He's the one who works.

Holding out for chocolate...

Big E

No comments:

Post a Comment