We're a ten year old and a five year old famously known as E squared. Please help us gain some parenting instruction for our Mom who's at least insightful enough to start a therapy fund for us.



Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Kitty, Come Out! -- Lil' e

 
The kittens couldn't get enough of me so I helped them out by putting them in my wagon. They knew I couldn't escape, and neither could they!
 
This is a fort Issy made. I read "Bob the Builder" but I don't think Issy read anything because she never said anything out loud. She just sat with her book on her lap, slowly turning the pages. She must have been too interested in hearing my story, to read hers.
 
If Mixie is hiding, I'll find her. I'll run around the trailor for hours until she comes out.
 
Max-ee-moo-moo; I love it when he chases my string!
Posted by Picasa
The kitties really can't get enough of me. When I leave to go home, they are going to miss the escape practicing I'm doing with them. You know, the escaping they need to do from coyotes and hawks in order to last longer than a year. Given I'm older, not to mention a master escape artist from you-know-who!, I'm teaching them how to run away when I chase them. So far, they are getting quite good at it. They've even found a new hiding place, under the deck. However, they must realize that determined predators will indeed wait for their prey. So we're working on "looking around and making sure the coast is clear" because they get caught a ridiculous number of times. Since they aren't quite learning successfully (not to get caught), I've had to give them some harsh consequences so they will be more focused -- throwing them across the lawn, covering them with blankets, and my favorite, throwing them in the pool. Papa wasn't too happy with my teaching techniques (he's a softy) so after he saw me giving a consequence, he gave me one...no touching the kitties for the rest of the day. I made sure he wasn't around for any more consequence giving after that.

I am having a very difficult time potty training my mommy. She will not get it into her head that diapers are more comfortable than sitting on the potty. Who wants to sit on the potty when your bottom gets read and it's uncomfortable? I don't for sure. She thinks she can give me M&M's to balance out my feeling uncomfortable on the potty. She's wrong! AND she doesn't listen to me. So, to make sure she really got it, I threw the M&M's at her and ran behind my bed where she couldn't reach me. Of course, she used the major power play of "you have to stay in your room and not go outside" to make me sit on the potty but I REFUSED to eat her M&M's. That will show her!

I can't wait for tomorrow....more digging, digging, digging in the dirt AND kitty chasing, of course!

Later,

Lil' e

No comments:

Post a Comment