We're a ten year old and a five year old famously known as E squared. Please help us gain some parenting instruction for our Mom who's at least insightful enough to start a therapy fund for us.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

appy Birt'day to you, Daddy -- Lil e

We had the greatest birthday celebration, yet. In the morning, real early, Issy and I burst into the garage, where my dad was sleeping because Mimi and Papa were sleeping in his bed, and sang "Appy Birt'day to you, 'Appy Birt'day to you" at the top of our lungs. We gave him our cards that we had made with Mimi. Eventually, he got up and treated US to chocolate chip pancakes. My mom refused to join us, claiming she was too tired and needed more sleep.

Of course, she did get up at some point and my dad left. I couldn't find him, "Where's 'appy birt'day?" I asked my mom. She let me know he was at church so I knew he would come back. I was just glad I didn't have to go and be left behind. You see, they have no feelings and it makes me anxious. I hang onto my Mommy's neck crying and screaming, "No. No. Don't go." only to have her pry my arms off her neck and my legs off her body by another worker. She walks out telling me that she'll be back. She always does come back, with my Dad, but sometime you never know, she might not. But I digress, back to my dad's birt'day.

Later, after my dad returned from church, Issy and I celebrated him again. Issy told him, "Close your eyes." He closed his eyes. She sang "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you" before leaping into his arms and giving him a big hug. Of course, I had to follow that act. Anything she can do, I can do bigger AND better.

I told him, "Cloz your eye." Then I sang to him, "Appy Birt'day to you, 'Appy Birt'day to you." Finally, with his eyes closed, I sprang onto him and hit him in the head with my glow stick. He was so surprised, he jolted up with a laugh and rubbed his head. It was so funny, I almost fell over on the floor. WAYY better than Issy's surprise.

At the end of the day, I helped Mommy make a yellow cake with chocolate frosting, his favorite. She tried to jip me out of some dough but I wouldn't let her. I demanded a bowl with dough. Daddy got one too, enjoying it before our dinner.

I wish birthdays were everyday! We had a good one.

Tomorrow is my first day of school. I get to play in the sand AND on the bike.

Later,

Lil' e

No comments:

Post a Comment