We're a ten year old and a five year old famously known as E squared. Please help us gain some parenting instruction for our Mom who's at least insightful enough to start a therapy fund for us.



Monday, September 6, 2010

Zoo, then Alone -- Big E

This is a Mom and Baby Giraffe. They were at the San Diego Zoo.
 
This is an AMAZING BIRD. So beautiful, AND big. It's a Secretary bird, in the elephant odyssey.
 
Look closely, can you see what is beside the Lily Pad?
 
I'm up in the air, riding the thing that goes across the zoo and you can look down. We only got to ride ONCE, a BIG disappointment. Decision made by you-know-who.
 
Posted by Picasa
We made a fabulous trip down to the San Diego Zoo. The only thing on my mind to see-- a salamander. Would you believe that they only have ONE tank with them? We waited and waited and waited but we never saw it. Their absence and disrespect to viewers may be the reason they only have one. Salamanders can go on both land and water, staying under water for long periods of time. I was disappointed but made the best of the day. The giraffes were soo very cool, second best to the Lemonade Icee I got to eat for dinner. My third favorite animal was the komodo dragon. It was asleep, the best way to look at it. I would've been scared had it been up and awake. Seeing all the animals was great, especially when we got to ride in the cart in the air. I saw the gorillas running around below me. It was very fun. Lil' e and I tried to get my mom to take us on the ride again but she wouldn't negotiate. She said something about being late and needing to get home...who needs sleep? I never sleep. I told her I could drive for her but she didn't go for it. So, we only traveled across once.

After the zoo, we spent a couple days at home before she, well, they, abandoned me and Lil' e. My Mom and my Dad left us with Mimi and Papa to go on their very first trip alone for my entire life. They went to Maui, for eight days. It looked like a long ways away on the map. I think there may only be people vacationing there. I don't think anyone lives on the island itself. It looks too small or something. Besides, how would anyone get there to live? Every night, I asked them what they saw. One day, they swam with sharks and saw a white tip reef shark. Almost everyday they saw spotted eagle rays. Lil' e and I watched one of my shark dvds. (When I was little I LOVED sharks and probably have every shark dvd ever made). Anyways, when we saw the shark video, we saw some of the animals they saw. It was cool.

I really wished they would've been here to see all the Orb Weaving Spiders make their webs. We have a family of them living in our trees. Before you feel to bad for me being left by my parents, let me remind you who I was with -- Mimi and Grandpa. Do you know what this means? It means daily bike rides with Grandpa, daily trips to Wild Berry yogurt (do you think MY parents take me there? PLEASE! maybe once every three months.), daily packages full of surprises because my parents felt guilty about leaving us so they filled bags with lots of goodies, AND a special trip to see my cousins in Santa Barbara. We didn't miss them, well at least not very much. Lil' e even got upset when Mimi said she wasn't coming back down to visit just yet. He wants Mimi back. I want Mimi AND Grandpa back.

I'm hoping my Grammy comes out soon because you know where she likes to take me, Baskins and Robbins. I'm hoping at least sometime soon I'll get to go out for ice cream or frozen yogurt. No luck without visitors.

I'm off for some alone time,

Big E

No comments:

Post a Comment