We're a ten year old and a five year old famously known as E squared. Please help us gain some parenting instruction for our Mom who's at least insightful enough to start a therapy fund for us.



Thursday, May 27, 2010

Big E -- Part II

I love music. My Grandpa D gave me the best birthday present EVER, an ipod. Well I recently discovered the radio option and listened to all these songs that my mom doesn't let me hear on the car radio. I noticed, because I'm a noticer, lots of these songs had the word 'sex.' I didn't know what sex is. So I asked my mom last night at dinner, "Mom, what's sex?" My mom said, "Ask your Dad." So I did. He didn't answer my question and kept going on about what I was going to have for dessert. (But I hadn't even finished my vegetables yet so I wasn't interested in dessert.) My parents are SO distractable. They weren't answering my question. So I asked my mom again. She said, "It is an action between a man and a woman." OKay? I said, "But how do you know what action it is?" She said, "It's a specific action." I wonder if that's what my dad does to my mom when he comes home from work and they're in the kitchen. Anyways, back to me, my mom told me I couldn't listen to the radio anymore on my ipod. That is so not fair!

I really don't need my mom. Alls she does when I come home is stand in front of her computer. I have to ask her for a snack at least three times and still she goes back in front of her computer. I would starve if I didn't keep asking her. It is so annoying.

Then, there is the issue of my brother, who keeps getting into things she asks him not to. Well, she doesn't do anything about it. She just yells from the computer for him to stop. As if that is going to help! So then I have to stop what I'm doing, get up, and take care of the problem. Talk about being annoyed!

Well when she finally gets off her computer, she asks me to clean out the silverware in the dishwasher. This is so not fair. I'm so tired from school and what has she been doing all day? Standing in front of the computer? I think so. The house is still a mess, there are dishes STILL in the sink, and she didn't clean out the dishwasher BEFORE I got home. So, to make sure she doesn't do this again, I have to stomp my feet, slap my hands against my legs and cry, "WHY DO I HAVE TO DO MORE WORK? I HAVEN'T HAD ANY ALONE TIME TODAY. THIS IS NOT FAIR!" If she still makes me do it (which she does) I then slam the silverware around and pout. This may get me in more trouble, but it's worth it. Do you think I ask to be in gymnastics, piano, Spanish AND dance. I'm so overworked and they don't care at all. I still have to pick up my bedroom, make my bed, set the table and help with the dishes. Talk about losing my childhood. This too is annoying.

Then there is the issue about my sleep. I sleep about 10 minutes a night because it takes me so long to go to sleep. Little E screams and screams when he goes to bed. Even last night he started screaming, "Mommy, come! Mommy pease come! Mommy come!" about 50 times then when she didn't come he said "Daddy come! Daddy come! Daddy come!" about 50 more times. They didn't even say a word! They didn't try to stop him. So I had to yell at them, "You guys, PLEASE! I told you this was going to happen. This is why I wanted to sleep in your bed tonight. This is NOT fair. I hate sleeping with Little E." Finally, my dad came and Little E went to sleep. By then, it was too late for me and I couldn't fall asleep forever. I would've gotten WAY more sleep if they would've let me sleep in their bed. It's so not fair.

Today is a great day because I get to play with friends after school! Finally, it is my one free day. I'm so overscheduled.

Hoping to sleep in mom and dad's bed tonight,

Big E

P.S. I really will publish the story I mentioned in my last blog. I'm too busy to do it now. I have so many responsibilities and everything, especially with my brother. I have to watch him so much since my mom just stands at her computer. It's lucky we have dinner on the table every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment