We're a ten year old and a five year old famously known as E squared. Please help us gain some parenting instruction for our Mom who's at least insightful enough to start a therapy fund for us.



Monday, May 31, 2010

I'm Cute! Part II -- Little E

On Friday, my dad and I were walking across the street, I had one hand on my hip and one holding his hand because I’m not big enough to walk across by myself. I had my signature strut going on, it happens when I’m going fast, which is most of the time. My blonde hair radiated in the setting sun, while my body looked RIDICULOUS in my maroon ‘Detroit Rocks” long sleeve T with guitars and my dark gray shorts with skulls and spiky embellishments both by Monster Republic, a designer in LA. My feet were sporting my dragon lizard Tevas. Of course, I had a smile because Issy was getting ready to play a recital at the coffee shop where we were going. I was just minding my own business when a woman rolled down her car window before making her turn and said to my dad, “Your son is SO cute.” I waved. She smiled even more and waved back at me. I'm already stopping traffic with my style and smile. I can see cuteness may be a challenge.

Just to note, Issy did great at her recital but I was very upset I didn’t get a turn. So I let my mom know by shouting, “My turn! My turn! My turn!” as Issy’s teacher was singing. It didn’t work but maybe next time if I run up there I’ll get my turn. Anyways, I bet she hasn’t stopped traffic by her cuteness!

My mom hasn't done laundry in weeks. I can't even shut my hamper. She obviously doesn't see it needs to be done. So I helped her out. Piece by piece, I carried all our dirty clothes out to the living room while she was cooking dinner. I did NOT get it when she made me carry it all back so I refused. Luckily my dad helped me. Since it was still overflowing, I decided to hang up the clothes. It was hard and most everything just fell off the hangers as soon as I tried to hang it up. However, Issy's underwear hung up perfectly! It felt good to be productive. I wish my mom could get the feeling then maybe I wouldn't have to wear pants that fall down and I could match. If it weren't for my smile and wave, she could ruin my cuteness factor!

My artistic talent was unstoppable this week as I experimented with another medium -- drawing in liquids on wood. I made several paintings of orange juice on kitchen table wood – all “ga-gas” (more commonly known as helicopters) but my mom didn’t even appreciate them! She destroyed them with her washcloth and told me I couldn’t draw with my juice. So I compromised and did it with water. It worked brilliantly—more “ga-gas!” My self-esteem however suffered a major blow, destroyed again by mom and ANOTHER time-out. I’m really going to need some therapy when I grow up!

Now, I’m off to the beach for sand fun, my absolute favorite in the whole world. I’ll likely stop people from playing with my cuteness – shark shorts and a surf shirt, not to mention my gaze drawing smile and captivating wave. Plus NO timeouts. I mean, whoever heard of a time out at the beach?

Later,

Little E

No comments:

Post a Comment