We're a ten year old and a five year old famously known as E squared. Please help us gain some parenting instruction for our Mom who's at least insightful enough to start a therapy fund for us.



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Finally, My Own Room...Sort of -- Big E

We've finally moved into our new house after many, many days of me sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag with my brother next to me, hitting me with his pillow and in my space. lil' e doesn't have good boundaries and I am tired of his stuff touching my stuff. Glinda, Sarafina and Lacy, my stuffed cats,are scared because he is constantly grabbing them when their sleeping on their special pillows. Thank goodness they don't have to go through it anymore. They can now sleep for days without being disturbed, tucked quietly away in my armoire. Thank goodness I finally have my own room now.

Well, sort of. At first, lil' e needed to sleep in my room because he was too scared to be by himself....you know, the dragon in the dark thing. After a few days, he got moved to his own room but now every morning when I wake up, he's come into my room and is sleeping on the floor next to me. I don't like it because he wakes up early and piles his blanket, his pillow, Woof Woof, and everything he can find on top of me. This of course wakes me up. The more I tell him to leave me alone, the more things he finds to pile on top of me. It's so annoying and I can't believe my parents don't protect me from his torture.

This is not what I was told would happened when we moved. I want to sleep on my own! Dragons aren't real and he just needs to get this. It's all because my mom let him listen to his audio books. He should have to sleep with her, not me! At least Oedipus,our cat, understands. She runs under the bed when he comes in. She doesn't want to get hit by Woof Woof or tackled or shot with Lego bullets. She gets it and so I let her sleep on my bed.

Now that we've moved, I was hoping I could be home schooled. I hate getting up for school. I want to start school when I wake up. I also want to be able to do my work during the day and not have homework to do at night. Then there is the issue about my missing library books. This is not going over well with my teacher. What am I supposed to do? I didn't pack. It wasn't my responsibility to know where they are. It's so embarrassing to go to the library and not be able to look for books. I just have to sit in the seat or help someone else pick out books until I can find mine and turn them in. This is so unfair. I can't believe my mom won't home school. I want to learn from her, she's smart, and not some other teacher. Besides, my mom has to work. How cool would that be, to only do school two days a week? Maybe she'll eventually see it my way and realize all the time she'll save by not having to drive me back and forth to school.

All the Best,

Big E

No comments:

Post a Comment