We're a ten year old and a five year old famously known as E squared. Please help us gain some parenting instruction for our Mom who's at least insightful enough to start a therapy fund for us.



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bumper Bodies -- lil' e

I love going on adventures with my mom. There are so many cool things to see in the world. One of my favorites is a clothing store for kids. They have a play area where she leaves me while she shops. Last week, I made the most fabulous discovery. They had an 'e' on the floor! This was not just any 'e,' this was an 'e' that could be picked up because it was in a square foam. Unfortunately, the 'e' was under a gate so I needed to undue all the other pieces of foam in order to get it. You can imagine my disappointment when I ran through the store with a smile on my face, yelling "Here's an 'e'! Here's an 'e'!" and my mom said in a very serious voice, "Where did you get that?" without even acknowledging the amazing 'e' I'd found. Long story short, she said to the lady behind a counter, "I'm so sorry about the floor." before I was whisked away to the car with no acknowledgement that I'd even recognized an 'e'! Luckily, she's been much more receptive as I've pointed out every 'e', I've seen since. I'm so lucky because there are a lot of 'es' in this world!

There were two 'es' in the restaurant I ate at last night with my parents. Issy wasn't with us, she had gymnastics. This restaurant better than my swing set! We got to sit in a corner seat that had an 'L' shaped bench. On this bench, I could stand. Better than standing, I could slam into my mom, bounce off in the direction of my dad, then slam into him and go back to my mom. It was an incredible back and forth game. Bumper bodies was so fun until my dad began threatening me with early bedtime and no dessert. I didn't want to get into with him so I changed games -- Piggy backs. This turned into a game that was just as fun. I could jump on my mom's back everytime she leaned over to take a bite since we were all sitting on the bench and the wall was behind us. I could really make us rock when I put my feet up against the wall and shoved. My dad's back wasn't quite as fun because I couldn't get my feet as high on the wall and he didn't move as much as my mom either. After this much activity, I was hot so I threw my jacket and sweatshirt over the table and onto the floor so it wouldn't get in the way of bumper bodies. After much discussion about why throwing my clothing over the table wasn't smart after all, I layed down and did bicycle legs, "accidentally" kicking my mom with each pedal.

As you can imagine, I was not happy when our food came. Who wants to stop all this fun activity to eat? Definitely not me. My dad didn't see it that way. He grabbed me and made me sit down. Out of protest to his lack of respect for my desires and my body, I screamed and yelled until he let me go. We reached an agreement that I could stand up. Then the dragon visited and he began to growl from within me. It wasn't my fault I turned into a dragon but my mom made it clear that I wasn't getting any dessert until I told the dragon to go back home and sit down to eat my dinner. When I saw the picture of the chocolate cake she had ordered, I knew I'd have to give in and eat. She doesn't mess around with these sorts of things. No amount of yelling, biting or hiting ever phases her.

Eating my food was worth it. The chocolate cake was AMAZING! It even had chocolate chips in it. I admit disappointment when my parents wouldn't let me eat the big hunk of fudge off the top and more disappointment when I cried about being still hungry and they offered rice and pita bread rather than more cake. Of course, I passed. My tummy only had room for cake, not worthless carbohydrates! Please.

I can't wait until we go there again. Those Greeks know how to create the perfect restaurant environment!

Later,

lil' e

No comments:

Post a Comment