We're a ten year old and a five year old famously known as E squared. Please help us gain some parenting instruction for our Mom who's at least insightful enough to start a therapy fund for us.



Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I do NOT like Underwear! -- lil' e

My room has been getting a complete makeover, thanks to the amazing guidance of my Aunt Kennan. She found this elephant for me, which I LOVE. Initially, it was right above me, which I did not like. My mom assured me that it would keep away any unfriendly dragons at night. However, this did not convince me that the elephant was NOT in fact the dragon. If you look at its long tusks and low hanging nose, then you could appreciate what it would look like in the shadows of my night light -- down right scary! So, my mom moved it over and it's very cool. Thank goodness it's a friendly elephant or I might be afraid of it.
 

Can you believe this 'e' my aunt found???? It is an 'e' just like my name. Everywhere I go, my 'e' is there. Now I have one in my room. I wanted my mom to hang it on the wall (where she uses my hammer and makes lots of noise). However, she insists that it looks way better on my brand new bookshelves. These things, and many more things, are all mine and Issy can't take them! Besides, she can't have a little 'e', she needs a big one.
 
Listen, I'm really over underwear. Who wants to stop what they are doing and go to the bathroom? Who wants to get cold while pulling down one's pants and sitting on a cold toilet seat? Who wants to even go through the motions of pulling down one's pants because then you have to take the time to pull them back up AND wash your hands. Believe me, diapers are way, way simpler. You can go to the bathroom many times without pulling your pants up and down AND you don't have to stop and wash your hands -- or stop playing. I can essentially go to the bathroom without stopping anything I'm doing. It's miraculous. They really need to make them in bigger sizes. My mom says, I've gotten too big for diapers but I keep telling her that I'm tiny and need them.
Posted by Picasa
She's not really getting it when she makes me wear underwear. She doesn't get that I hate to stop what I'm doing and go. She doesn't understand that no amount of chocolate or new toys will get me excited enough to want to stop what I'm doing and go to the bathroom. She doesn't understand that I really hate cleaning up the wet mess when I forget I have underwear and not a diaper. She also doesn't get that I hate having one more thing to remember. I'm trying to figure out how to do everything that I want to do and get everything I want to get. Wearing underwear, just complicates this issue of learning! Maybe someday she'll get it and give up on chasing me around the house every morning trying to put on my underwear. For now, I'll scream for my life when I see her coming. Maybe when I'm big, I can figure out how to put on my own diaper.

Later,

lil' e

No comments:

Post a Comment