We're a ten year old and a five year old famously known as E squared. Please help us gain some parenting instruction for our Mom who's at least insightful enough to start a therapy fund for us.



Thursday, July 15, 2010

Airplanes! -- Lil' e

"More! More!" I cried as we got off the airplane. There were so many airplanes to ride -- giant salmon, killer whales, orange ones, blue ones -- all headed to Mimi and Papa's. I especially wanted to catch a ride on the airplane next to us on the tarmac. I tried to run for it but I didn't get far before joy robber mom grabbed my arm and didn't let me move.

I cried. It didn't help. Using my best two year old voice, I told her, "MORE AIRPLANE! MORE AIRPLANE!" She didn't seem to listen because she kept taking me up the stairs, away from the airplane. With legs dangling behind her and my body being carried as a football, she assured me I was going to ride another airplane but we had to find the one that was headed to Mimi and Papa's; otherwise, we wouldn't get to see them.

She convinced me. With new attitude, I raced down the corridor pulling my blue airplane shaped luggage and swinging my narrow hips towards the gigantic glass room with a hanging airplane. The window there went up forever, displaying trucks, airplanes, and more trucks! I immediately took ownership, "Mine! Mine! Mine!" as I pointed to trucks and airplanes. I even gave my mom one.

I tried to contain my smile, making it a short grin. But I couldn't help it, moving airplanes demanded a gleeful point and shout, "Airplane go up!" -- smile and all!

I made it to Mimi and Papa's. Within the first five minutes, I had driven in a golf cart, pet a bull snake wrapped around Papa's arm, and held all the kitties. After five more minutes, I moved dirt and made piles.

When I went to bed, sleep didn't appeal to me. I wanted, "More, More!"

Later,

Lil' e

No comments:

Post a Comment