We're a ten year old and a five year old famously known as E squared. Please help us gain some parenting instruction for our Mom who's at least insightful enough to start a therapy fund for us.



Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More Grammy! -- Little E

I've been way too busy to post -- Grammy visited! She knows how to love me. The first day she got here, we went for ice cream. I got not one scoop but TWO scoops. Of course, I had to eat my chicken before we went but I NEVER get two scoops with my mom and dad. The second day, I got a new ball and a new truck movie! The third day, we went to the beach (my favorite place) and played in the sand. I got all wet and shivered. The next day, we did whatever I wanted...played with trucks, cards, went for a walk.

Grammy visited because my mom had to work for four days. After the second day, I told my mom, "Mommy more work! More Grammy!" I was extremely disappointed when we took her to the airport last night. I screamed "MORE AIRPORT" as we drove away. Today, I told my mom while we were playing Cariboo, "All done. Mommy all done? More work?" I don't think she got my hint -- I want Grammy, not her.

I'm very upset Grammy is not here anymore. She's left me with mommy. Mommy is NOT fun. I can't get into snacks and eat them whenever I want. She makes me sit at the table to eat. She doesn't let me throw my food! She makes me pick up my toys after I play with them. (REALLY! I'm only two!!!) And worst of all, when I ask in a nice tone of voice -- with please -- I don't necessarily get what I want!!! This is very troublesome. If soft please doesn't get it, then I scream, "PLEASE" in case it was a hearing problem or "not attending to me" issue. If that doesn't work, I stomp my foot and say it more. Shockingly, I may not get what I want. Or if I do, I have to say it nicely (as if I didn't in the beginning!!!).

Grammy would never have this. She understands that saying please is sooo hard to remember that she gives me what I'm asking for just because I remembered to say please.

I want more Grammy. I didn't bite her once.

Later,

Little E

No comments:

Post a Comment